Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Run Lola Run

So, I FINALLY saw Run Lola Run. Yes I'm a little late but it took a while for it to arrive from Netflix. I have to say that I'm not a fan of it. I didn't understand why or how the two got to "redo" the day 3 times. It also didn't make sense to me that sometimes she remembered bits from the previous storyline but she didn't remember everything...for example she remembered how to unlock the safety of the gun and the guy's bike is stolen in story two but she never remembered that her father isn't her real dad or that he is cheating on her mom.

Also, what is the point of the side stories? To show that life can be different if there is a tiny difference in your day? I think they are just distracting. I wanted to know the significance of the side stories and hoped they would tie in to the main plot in some way. Also, the characters that had side stories were stupid characters! There should have been a side story on the bum who took the money or the woman cheating with the father...characters that I'm actually interested in.

Overall, I didn't think the movie successfully played with the concept of time. Yes, it showed three different sequences of time that somewhat correlated with each other but they didn't explain how or why we watched 3 versions of the same story....FAIL!

No comments:

Post a Comment