Friday, August 27, 2010

Possible thesis idea

I talked to James Oliverio today about an idea for my final project/ thesis. I want to create an iPhone/iPad cooking application. It would come with several recipes already but you can also import your own recipes into the program. The app makes your grocery list once you've selected what meal(s) you want to make, it helps time your cooking so the each aspect of the meal will be ready for your dinner party, if you enter ingredients you have and wish to use it matched up recipes to fit your needs, and it has an easy to use organized interface.

James said he thinks its doable but that he doesn't want me to depend on a programmer that might not come through in the end. So i need to find someone who would be willing to help me as part of their thesis so that we both succeed. I want to do an application because I would like to create something useable that I could turn in to a viable business once I leave the program. I don't want to waste the next to years on a project that isn't going to be useful to me. I still need to talk to Jamie Kraft or Bill Rossi and see what they think about the application. I don't just want something that could be a business I want it to be a worthwhile business!

No comments:

Post a Comment