Monday, September 13, 2010

Arcade Fire video

I really love the Arcade Fire music video! I love music videos in general and it is so refreshing to see something completely new and creative. At first I typed in my childhood address and it told me that there weren't enough street views to use that address so I typed in my current Gainesville address instead. The views for this address weren't that good either, I saw the street and my neighbor's houses but I didn't see MY house! So after a first run of being a bit disappointed by the views I tried again, typing in the street I lived on in Florence, Italy during my summer study abroad in undergrad. It was pretty awesome! I saw the gate to my apt, the 24 hour Kebab place next door, the liquor store down the street, the pasticerria on the corner, and even the restaurant with the best carbonara!!

The graphics tied together the video of the running man and the Google Earth views in an interesting way though I didn't understand why huge trees were taking everything over. I also thought the postcard idea was cute and an easy way to take up time because there really can't be that many views of one street. The only down side to this video is the only way people can watch it is on the Internet, but I think it's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment