Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Things I know by Heart

I know A LOT of things by heart. Especially songs!! I could sing/rap more songs acapella than I could possibly write down! A few are: "Sittin on the Dock of the Bay" by Otis Redding, "Keep Ya Head Up" by Tupac, "Grillz" by Nelly, "Sexy Love" by Neyo, "Unpredictable" by Jamie Foxx, "Lookin at Me" by Mase, "Ticks" "Mud on the Tires" and "Alcohol" by Brad Paisley, as well as several songs by Dierks Bentley, Toby Keith, Aaliyah, Ciara, Alan Jackson, Josh Turner, Jimmy Buffett, Coldplay, Death Cab for Cutie, The Dream, Postal Service, Incubus, Jack Johnson, oldies, and many many many more!!!

I also know a lot of movie quotes by heart. My brothers and I have always played movie quote games and even though the two of them are way better than I am, I'm still pretty good at guess movie quotes and using them in conversation! One movie I can recite frequently is "Pulp Fiction". I have a few of those monologues and conversations down pat. I also know some stories by heart, mostly greek mythology and children's stories, but I'm not confident enough to say that I could get through all of them without messing up.

Songs are by far the easiest things to remember. They have the melody coupled with the rhyming that gives them the perfect combination to remember every word. I also tend to get obsessed with songs and play them constantly until I get so sick of them I can't listen to them for a month! I have an eclectic taste in music which is why it is my favorite art form. I love how music can transport you to the exact place and time of when you listened to that song. Older songs are like instant nostalgia that flood your mind with memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment